Hello everyone. The two practices that I
have chosen are the Loving Kindness and the subtle mind practices. I liked the
Loving Kindness exercise because it opened up an area of myself that I really
didn’t pay much attention to, but is very important in life. That area is the
expression of love towards not only you but to other people as well. You could
say that it awakened certain emotions that had been ignored for years.
The
subtle mind practice allowed me to focus on breathing, and at the same time,
focus on clearing my mind. This practice is intended to train the mind to
control the activity that races through the mind by acknowledging these
thoughts and then letting them dissolve.
These practices can be implemented
on a day-to-day basis by practicing them. The more these practices are done, on
a daily basis, the more developed one becomes, thus, developing a greater
control of mental chatter. This will lead to a more controlled thought process,
and decisions will be made intentionally instead of reactively or with no
thought.
Isn't it strange how these practices are meant to help quiet the mental chatter, but as you mentioned ignored feelings just happen to arise? It's as if your mind has buried them for years and now it decides time now for you to deal with them! I suppose this is how we are able to train ourselves to deal with past emotions, by putting ourselves in a quiet but vulnerable position so that we may start to resolve teh issues behind the emotions.
ReplyDelete