Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Love and kindness

Hello everyone. My experience of the exercise was pretty relaxing and very helpful. The exercise give you a sense of the importance of love and kindness. I would recommend it to others based on the fact that everyone needs to experience this type of meditations and even just because of what it is intended for, which is love and kindness. Like I have learned by practicing this and the reading, love and kindness paves the road to integral health.
Mental workout is the concept of allowing the mind to rethink things in a positive manner, and be able to change the way a person perceives and focuses on things. Research shows that working the mind can improve ones focus and consciousness levels. Implementing mind workouts would be during times of stress, by changing thought patterns and meditating on things like love and kindness.

Jessie Mansanales

1 comment:

  1. Jessie,

    Good post! I liked the exercise on loving-kindness also. It seemed a bit odd for me at first, but once I was used to the process, it was easier and easier to focus. I am used to praying for God's guidance, intercessory prayer for others' needs, and comfort. It was a different approach, yet still had the same goal...a more positive, productive and successful life.

    I found myself praying during part of the process several times. Do you think that takes away from the exercise? I am not sure. I still found the focus, concentrated on the suggested people and things we were supposed to, and felt better at the end.

    I'd welcome your thoughts.

    Melissa Rasberry

    ReplyDelete