Hello everyone. On a scale of 1-10, I rate my physical well being at a 7. I rate my psycho spiritual well being at a 6, and my psychological well being at a 5. I do work out about four times a week due to being a diabetic, and I went from weighing 360 pounds to 287. There is plenty of room for improvement in this area by implementing more dieting and cardio exercise in order to achieve my goal of 250 pounds. I am 6foot 6 inches, so I am naturally a big guy. The physical area makes me feel better when I see the results. In my spirituality, is am pretty well off as well. I attend my church every week, and have learned about prayer. I intend to straighten it more by getting more involved in prayer groups and men's groups with my church. My weakest area is the psychological area because there is plenty of stress between my 12 hour a day job, school, maintaining my health, and family. Nevertheless, I intend to start some relaxation techniques and try to set up time for these techniques in order to strengthen these areas. The goals I have set for each of these areas is to strengthen them gradually, not at a pace that sets me up for failure by doing what I previously discussed. I found the relaxation exercise very frustrating. I found that concentrating by changing color schemes is definitely not for me. I relax with a more of a mind clearing technique like mental imagery of focusing on one thing like a spec of light in darkness or a calm snowfall in a warm cabin as I watch it through the window.
No comments:
Post a Comment